Friday, March 4, 2011

Office Space


Sound the trumpets because I am finally posting those pictures I said I was going to post last week or maybe even the week before. I don't even know. But that doesn't matter now because here they are, for your viewing pleasure, a glimpse at the big ass giant storyboard as well as a peek into the rest of my writing world.

Where the magic happens:



To answer your question, yes, my desk is generally this neat. A while back when I was trying to solve the problem of one particular character and was adding and deleting scenes like they were going out of fashion, the desk was much messier as it was covered in paper copies of every and every one of those scenes as I attempted to Frankenstein the right scene out of them. I figured it out eventually and the desk has since been restored to its normal sense of order. In the lower left hand corner, you can see the copies of my book made exclusively for me as a gift from my brother and sister-in-law. This will probably sound egotistical and definitely weird but I just like to touch them and thinking about the day when I might get to see them on a shelf in a bookstore somewhere.

How the magic happens:



The goblets were made for me by my sister, B. This probably wasn't the use for them she had envisioned but I seldom do what others envision. Except for all those times when I do just that.

Books? What books? I have no idea what you're talking about...



This is the closet in the room which is filled with books, obviously, but they're all writing themed books and literature textbooks and magazines. All my old notebooks are in here as well as my sword and dagger collection. It looks less organized than it really is. But just barely.

And finally, the picture for which you've all been waiting:



Like I said in a previous post, it's not quite 100% done of yet but you at least get the general idea. I really, really hope this board does for me what I've been imagining it will. The bed, by the way, does not normally look like that. (The)Heather is house/cat sitting while we're away (brave, brave soul) and so the bed has been remade. This is what the bed normally looks like:

Or this:

You may have noticed that the lamp on the bedside table there is missing in the big board shot. Of course, you might have just been looking at the big board and not anything else. I get that. Goodness knows I've been doing the same thing. Anyway, the lamp was the most recent victim in the Mega Cat Versus Gator Girl war. I shall be replacing it today. It'll help me avoid the packing just a little bit longer...

Speaking of which, I really do need to get back to that. Maybe I could smash in all my toes with a hammer instead. See y'all when I get back...

9 comments:

  1. Mega Cat vs. Gator Girl sounds like something the SyFy channel would make.

    Thank you for the pictures. It's always nice to snoop in someone else's world for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are organized! I like your writing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures! It's great to be able to see where another writer works.

    Cool board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy CROW that is a massive storyboard! I've never storyboarded anything in my life! That is INTENSE! But awesome! And I love your work area! It kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Michael, Mega Cat Vs. Gator Girl was inspired by the so bad it's awesome SyFy movie Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your office makes me want to cry, because I need such a great office like that myself :P I do have an entire room for my office, but I don't have a good desk in there or anything. And there's no air-con, so it's unusable in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"m jealous of your organized space. I love your big storyboard though. :) I hope you enjoy the warm weather on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I love the goblets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really think that the story board thing is a great idea. I wish that I could do something like that. My desk is usually pretty neat all the time too. I have some notebooks stacked in my closet, but nothing like what you have. :)

    ReplyDelete