But anyway, it's done and over with and I don't have to go back to work for an entire week. Oh yeah...can you say writing time? Okay, can you say 'housework'? Because that's what I'll actually be doing. Playing catch up...and probably losing.
But before I get to scrubbing bathrooms (and the rug. Apparently the dogs threw up all over it while I was working last night and Joe lacks the necessary skill set to properly clean up such stains), I wanted to post the following list.
THE TOP TEN SONGS I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT
This is a remnant from Alex J. Cavanaugh's blogfest from last month (wow...it's February already? I feel so far behind!) where we were to post our top ten favorite songs of all time. I did this as well as posted my top thirty songs of all time (the lists start here) because I had a very hard time choosing just ten. But now I find myself in need of posting another list (one I meant to post last month and well, didn't. Stupid inventory prep.) to cover just a few more songs. And yet, still, I find it's not enough.
Here we go:
10. Push by Matchbox Twenty- I don't know what it is about this song but I just love it. I also want to mention the band's song Hang from the same album (You Or Someone Like You). Beautiful!!
9. Silent All These Years by Tori Amos- The song that got me to buy all of Tori Amos's CDs. All right, well, not all of them, but certainly quite a few. A shout out to her entire Little Earthquakes album.
8. I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- It was a toss up between this song and the band's hit I Love Rock N' Roll. We (the fam) used to sing both these songs at the top of our lungs every time they came on the radio of our old enormous crown vic station wagon.
7. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica- Yes, Metallica did the song but I first heard a cover done by Bif Naked when my bestest bud, Heather, told me about it and hooked me with saying, "this song reminds me of your book!" which she does from time to time (and by the way, I absolutely love it when people tell me things like this. It's nice to know something I wrote actually stuck with someone beyond the reading of it.). And this will probably irritate some hard core audiophiles out there, but I kind of like the Bif Naked version better. Commence throwing rotten vegetables now.
6. Mad World by Gary Jules- It's just a damn gorgeous song with some damn gorgeous lyrics.
5. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (or Rufus Wainwright)- See above.
4. Under The Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers- The song that got me to listen to the RHCP. Also love their song Breaking The Girl.
3. Turn My Head by Live- It was a toss up between this one and I Alone because they're both rather awesome but Turn My Head gets the nod because it's a Cate and James song. And yeah, I know most of you don't know what that means but I really do hope that maybe some day you will.
2. Sober by Tool- This was the omission that riled Heather enough to say "I was very disappointed to see that [this song] wasn't on your list." And since I hate to disappoint my drinking buddies (Mega Python Versus Gatoroid drinking game tomorrow!), I had to make amends. This song is amazing and I really do adore it. I honestly don't know why it wasn't included in the top thirty. I really don't. I don't know what I was thinking. If I had to do it over again, I'd boot Cyndi Lauper's ass right to the curb and then bumped everyone down a spot because, at the very least, Sober deserves to be in the #11-20 list. And yet, it's still not number one...
1. The Hero of Canton- I don't know who wrote this song. Ben Edlund wrote the Jaynestown episode of Firefly in which this song appears so I guess maybe it was him? Anyway, whoever wrote it, I love because this song is frakking awesome. I really do sing it all the time. A lot of groups have recorded this song (see them at amazon's mp3 download page thing). I downloaded a couple of them. The Bedlam Bards' rendition is on my iPod. What about yours? Are you cool enough for The Hero of Canton?
Well, gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero so I can work on my gorram geese juggling. Hope you all have a very shiny day...