Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Here...


Look what came today:


That's right. My Big Ass Bulletin Board has arrived. Oh boy, am I excited about this. It's sitting in the hallway right now, just waiting for me to hang it on the wall. And I want to do that. I really, really do. I just need The Man to help me do it as I do not have the go-go gadget arms and upper body strength required to tackle such a task on my own. When I asked The Man tonight when he might be available to help, he said he'd check his calendar and get back to me.

We. Are. Not. Amused.

But we are still very excited that the bulletin board is here.

In other news, there was a Bernard Pivot Blogfest today (or yesterday, I guess since it is technically Thursday now). I didn't participate because I found out about it too late but I had a great time reading others' responses and decided I'd like to play too, even if I'm a day late (if I was on time, I doubt anyone would recognize me). Here are my answers:

1. What is your favorite word?

Triskaidekaphobia. It's the fear of the number thirteen. I don't suffer from it. I just think it's fun to say. It has rhythm. Which is more than I can say for me. I am also fond of the word jackwagon.

2. What is your least favorite word?

Saunter. I really don't like that word. If I ever describe any character of mine sauntering around, someone should check to make sure the pod people haven't taken over my brain. Although what they would want with my brain, I do not know. Still...

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Intelligence. Also, music and excellent storytelling. I want to be wowed. I want to be moved.

4. What turns you off?

Pretty much the opposite of the above. Intolerance and ignorance. Also, I find Jersey Shore to be pretty damn repugnant.

5. What is your favorite curse word?

I think it's incredibly unfair to ask the daughter of a sailor to pick just one favorite curse word.

6. What sound or noise do you love?

I love the sound of my dogs snoring when they've fallen asleep while keeping me company when I'm writing. I am also fond of the sound of my niece and godchildren's laughter.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?

The beeping noises that trucks make when they back up. Sets my dogs off every time. And I do mean every time.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I've always wanted to be some kind of ass-kicking international woman of mystery a la Sydney Bristow (or River Tam). That, or a Vampire Slayer.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

Child care. Bless those who have the patience and talent for it but I am not one of them. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

I would expect to hear, "Who let you in?" But I would like to hear, "You're just in time to watch the Pats game on the big screen."

17 comments:

  1. Your answers made me laugh out loud after a long, wearying day as a blood courier. Thank you very much. Your wit made my evening, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun post. Just the shot I needed to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee! This post was amusing. I might have to saunter over to your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for coming out and taking the time to read this post. Even you, Sandra, who just had to go ahead and use my least favorite word...I jest. I very much appreciate the visits and the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...Jersey Shore is repugnant. And I also do not saunter. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MJ

    I hope you will share some pics of this miracle of organisation in full use?!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to introduce myself as a new follower and fellow crusader. Did you find out what group you're in yet?

    By the way...international woman of mystery...awesome job description.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say kick the "MAN's" butt and get that big board up. I want to see someone standing beside it so we have a perspective of its size.
    I wouldn't mind being River Tam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you can get Big to stand still long enough to balance the board on his back while you affix it to the wall. Yeah, that'll work.
    Really? You can't pick ONE curse word? I bet your computer hears your favorite curse word enough to know what it is!!!! I'm quite sure mine does. And probably all my cubie mates too. So THAT's why they're all plugged into IPODS....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big has a bad back. I can't make him hold up my bulletin board while I attempt to properly center it on the wall. Of course, it's so big that there probably won't be all that much centering to do...

    And yes, I most definitely will be posting pictures when it's all done. Next week some time maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Raquel- I think I'm in group fifteen. It's the straight fantasy group. I write other genres too but my focus is fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your answers are absolutely hilarious!!!

    I just found your blog and you had me laughing from the get go!

    I'm curious, what are you going to use the bulletin board for??

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi fellow crusader!

    Great answers! Dogs snoring - what a wonderful sound! I love to watch my dog move her paws when she's dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to use the bulletin board in my quest to take over the world...

    No, just kidding. Or am I?

    I am going to use the bulletin board as a storyboard for my novel. I'm putting maps on it and calendars and I don't even know what else- anything and everything to help me build a better world for my WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, M. J.

    Nice to meet you...

    Hopping over from the crusade list to introduce myself and follow.

    The first challenge is up!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boy, if you ordered that board, you must be getting ready to do some notecard planning (or revising) of a WiP. Me and that method dated one time and promptly broke up. We didn't get along. ;) But it definitely works for most writers.

    I LOVED your answers! Sorry I'm STILL getting around to everyone in that blogfest (plus the crusaders...*wipes brow*), I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to get around to everyone. I'm an equal opportunity curse word enjoyer as well. :)

    I hope you are having a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete