Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Perils of the One Day Sale


Went to work today. I made the mistake of offering my boss Sundays back in, like, March or something and forgot to make myself unavailable for Sundays before football season got started. If I did it now, she'd know why I was doing it and I have the sneaking suspicion that she would not approve that availability change because thus is the right of the store manager. Then, just to aggravate me, she would schedule a staff meeting for November 21st (the day the Pats play the Colts). There's precedent.

Whatever.

So I went to work. I had to start by changing the window signs. I hate changing the window signs because it never goes smoothly and I hate feeling that badly about myself that early in the morning. These things should be simpler and I don't know why they're not. But again, I say Whatever. There goes two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Yesterday was a Big Deal at the Store because yesterday was a Special Event. It was a Special One Day Sale. As in singular. As in the only one. Because if it was a two day sale, we would have called it a two day sale.

I say these things because the first thing every single customer asked me (I had the misfortune of hanging signs right by the front door) was, "Is yesterday's sale still going on today?"

Gather round children, while I drop some knowledge in your brains:

No. No, yesterday's sale is not still going on today. It was a ONE DAY SALE as was well documented by all the freaking signs I had to remove this morning. Signs which read, by the way, "ONE DAY SALE!" and "TODAY ONLY!"

How are you interpreting this as meaning anything other than the sale ended at the close of business yesterday? Now, go away and stop annoying me. I haven't had any frakking chocolate since Tuesday so this is not a good time to ask me asinine questions like "Is yesterday's sale still going on today?"

But, just to be safe, you should probably refrain from asking me any questions of any kind.

Thank you and enjoy your day.

Now, Let's Go Pats!!

2 comments:

  1. I won't let anyone schedule anything that disrupts football!
    And some people are just - dense? Is that the right word?

    ReplyDelete