Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home Sick


In the movie The Devil Wears Prada, Emily Blunt's character (who is, I believe, also called Emily) says "I'm just one good stomach flu away from my goal weight."

And while that line horrifies me on several levels, it also makes me laugh.

Today, however, it does not make me laugh because today, I know there is no such thing as a good stomach flu.

That's right. I am sick. I have a very aggressive flu whose only good point is that it got me out of work an hour early because I just couldn't do it anymore. Of course, since I'd gone in to work two hours early, I'm still ahead as far as hours are concerned. Not that I care about that at all because, at present, the only thing I care about is finding a hole in which to curl up and die.

I really hate October.

2 comments:

  1. Dayum. Sorry to hear about the flu taking you down hard and fast. Get the Gator Girl to dig you a hole in which you can curl. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I'll have to get Big to do that as the Gator Girl, who does many many things, does not dig.

    ReplyDelete