Friday, September 17, 2010

I Want To Go To There

I saw a rerun of The Daily Show tonight in which Jon Stewart announced the big announcement he's been teasing for a little while now. Here's the video clip, in case you missed it:

Okay. So maybe there won't be a video clip. Damn technology. Anyway, Jon Stewart announced he's holding a rally in Washington D.C. on October 30, 2010. It's called the Rally To Restore Sanity. The clip I wanted to post here is really funny. I am sad that I cannot master the rudimentary skills required to post a freaking video in this blog. How come I could post a clip of the Swedish Chef trying to chop off the head of a turtle who looked a lot of Kermit the Frog but I can't figure out this one?

Oh well, doesn't matter. The point is this:

Oh my. How badly do I want to go to Washington D.C. at the end of October? Answer: Really, really badly. Here's a LINK to the website if you're looking for more information.

Stephen Colbert is holding a rally of his own. Here's a LINK to his rally's site. These guys really do crack me up.

And last but not least, you may have noticed the new header at the top of this page advertising something called NaBloWriMo 2010. It looks dirty but it isn't. October has become National Blog Writing Month because, well, I don't know why. I just came across it somewhere along the way last year and thought it looked fun and so I hopped on board. I was an unofficial participant last year because I missed the deadline. I think I missed the deadline this year too but this is my announcement that I intend to participate again this year in whatever capacity I can participate.

The rules for NoBloWriMo are simple. You blog once a day, every day for the entire month of October. Other than that, there are no rules. At least none of which I am aware. Some people, myself included, view it as a nice warm up for NaNoWriMo which, of course, follows in November.

I am really very excited for NaNoWriMo. I've had an idea kicking around in my head since like January or something. Do you know how hard it is to not start writing a book because you're waiting for November? It's pretty damn hard.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I am taking the dogs (yes, both of them) to obedience class in the morning. I don't know what we'll be working on. Rumor has it there may be some tracking (as in search and rescue) going on. Woo Hoo!

Happy Weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment