Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not So Fast...

So, some of you might be tuning in this morning to read about the most woeful tale of Max the Most Unluckiest Schnauzer On The Planet (and his parents) and you will read that saga. Just not right now. It's 5am and I am working off of an approximate two hours worth of sleep. Here's how the night went:

11pm: I went to bed. I was tired.

1am: I'm still lying in bed, wide awake, staring at the ceiling. I was tired, but wired. When you read about yesterday, you'll understand.

2am: I think I fell asleep because I wake up when Bru the Bruiser (Oh yeah...for those of you not aware of yesterday's super fun detour, Bru the Saint Bernard is back with us) starts crying in her crate.

2:30am: I think I feel asleep again because I wake up with Big The Grumpy German Shepherd howls in his crate. It is not unlike an air siren.

3:00am: Bru again.

4:00am: Bru again. This time, I am in the middle of a particularly hysterical dream involving smurfs (of which I was one...cool, huh?) and a knife fight (yes, a knife fight) concerning an unknown enemy, also throwing knives. Let's call him Ninja Gargamel because it's funny. I have to bury my face in my pillow to keep from bursting out into hysterical peals of laughter.

5:00am: Bru again. I'd really like her to wait until 6am.

5:30am: What the hell. It's past 6am somewhere, right? Besides, it's not like I'm doing any actual sleeping.


So yeah, that's what's happened since Bru and I arrived home last night. Later on today, I'll be posting the Schnauzer Saga. Be sure to check back.

1 comment:

  1. Oy Vey!

    But Ninja Gargamel? You need to make that into a tee shirt. I'd buy 3.

    ReplyDelete