Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No News Is No News

As the above title suggests, there isn't a whole hell of a lot going on. But still, I'm going to blog about all the nothing. It'll make for riveting reading, I'm sure.

So I think something's off with the Gator Girl. I say this because the past couple of mornings, she's actually been tired. Yeah, I know. Anyone who has been in the same room with her will know how much that never happens. Usually, she's the first one up in the morning but not recently. Joe gets up and the Gator Girl does nothing. Sunday morning, Joe actually had to summon her out of bed. This is a switch from her usual jumping on our heads at the first sign of movement in the wee hours of the morning. This morning, she didn't budge when Joe got up and then later, when she decided to join me in bed, it took her two tries to get on the bed. That's right. Two tries. The first attempt resulted in her kind of running into the side of the bed and then falling on her face on the floor.

So yeah. I think the Gator Girl's a little off her game.

This means the baby cabinet locks I installed (well, 'installed' is an awfully generous term. There was really no installation required, which is why I selected that particular lock) on the oft robbed cookie cupboard will not be soon tested. Joe is convinced the Gator Girl will eventually work out how to defeat said cabinet lock and I'm sure she will. I told Joe I look forward to that event. Joe said it'll piss me off when it happens...which is also true, but at least I'll have something about which to blog.

The Gator Girl's sudden penchant for lying down has made working out easier. Unless you're lying on the floor doing jackknife exercises. Then she likes to cuddle up next to you and lay her head on your stomach. It's cute and adorable but somewhat hinders your movements. But at least I can do the rhythm boxing or whole running in place thing without having to worry about being tagged by an incensed Malinois.

It's the little things in life, you know?

My new website/blog should be up and running soon. I say 'should be' because every time I ask Joe when he'll make the site go live, he asks me if I'm ready for it to go live and I say "yes, that's what I meant when I said it was ready to go live" and then he's all "I'm the one whose been bugging you about it" to which I respond "What color is the sky in your world?" Joe's response to this is usually a confused look coupled with a "Huh?"

So yeah, it'll happen soon. Probably. I'm pretty happy with it. I'll warn you now that it looks slightly bizarre in certain web browsers. IE6 chief among them (that's Internet Explorer 6, in case you didn't know). If you're looking at it in Firefox, it looks great. So my recommendation is for everyone out there to download a free copy of Firefox and use it in place of IE6.

Tonight marks the return of new Glee episodes. I am very excited about this because I absolutely love this show. My favorite number thus far in the show is, I think, the Lea Michele/Kristen Chenowith version of "Maybe This Time". It's currently my favorite song to put on my iPod so I can sing it at the top of my lungs. The windows have been open a lot lately so I apologize to my neighbors if they're tired of listening to it. At least I sing it in key. Most of the time anyway. And I never even attempt Kristen Chenowith's last note. There's just no touching that one.

Joe's not so much of a fan of Glee but he's still polite enough to pretend that every time I tell him that this May there will be a Joss Whedon directed episode guest starring the beyond brilliant Neil Patrick Harris, it's the first time he's hearing about it.

There's currently a bunch of emergency vehicles racing down the street with their sirens blaring (The Gator Girl hasn't budged yet which is, yet, another sign that she's not quite herself). Is it wrong that every time I hear the sirens, I harbor a secret hope that the Store is burning down? I always imagine my co-workers and customers safely removed from the building at the time of said fire (well, most of them anyway) but yeah, I do have a lot of visions of the Store burning down.

It never seems to happen though.

Better luck next time.

Anyway, we're supposed to be getting a nice killing frost tonight so I need to go cover up my poor unsuspecting day lillies. Until next time, kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment