Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Wee Wii Injury

As you know, I recently joined the Wii community. My brother and sister-in-law brought up some of their games for me to borrow while they're on vacation. One of these included a game called "Medieval Games". It's pretty awesome. Well, parts of it are pretty awesome. There's this storybook board game type thing that is less awesome (especially when you had to play against the computer as we did) but there are some fun things to be had.

One of them is jousting. The other the swordfighting. There's also the possibility of archery, fending off Vikings, throwing axes and wielding a battering ram.

This game is so up my alley.

Anyway, Heather came over this week to engage in a jousting tournament. It was a lot of fun. Neither of us really knew what we were doing, but that just made it all the more entertaining. After jousting, we engaged in a sword fight. Then we had a sword fight on a log over a river. Hilarity ensued and the Gator Girl didn't attack anyone. Much anyway.

Then, once we were (sadly) winded, we switched to Wii Sports and boxed each other. This did not help with our winded-ness. We played tennis after that and then moved on to Wii Bowling.

Joe joined in the fun. And, because of that, I blame my first ever Wii injury on him.

He just kept hitting strike after strike and I wanted to beat him. Badly. I wanted to beat him badly.

And, in my quest to kick his virtual bowling ass, I hurt my own.

Yes. I said it. I hurt my ass playing Wii Bowling.

I think I pulled a muscle in my, uh, upper thigh which hurt so badly by the end of the game that I really couldn't stand up anymore. I couldn't bend down, I couldn't straight up, I couldn't easily climb stairs so I sat on the couch. With a pillow underneath my ass because it hurt less. Note the less.

So yeah. I hurt myself playing Wii Bowling. I jousted and fought with swords but I was taken down by Wii Bowling.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment