Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy List

So I'm sick (again) and my head hurts so badly, I fully expect it to split into two any minute now. Both the dogs and Marie are helping with this as Marie's building something else now (a giant walkway in between her garage and her house) and the dogs are barking at the guys doing the work. The guys they can see clearly because some idiot let them cut down all our trees. Seemed like such a good idea at the time...No, wait. No, it didn't.

But in spite of those things, and perhaps even because of them, this entry is devoted to the Happy List. It's something floating around on the internet right now, I guess. You write a list of ten things which make you happy and then try to do at least one of them today. You then tag ten bloggers who brighten your day. I read it on my sister's blog which ended with "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" and so I decided to go ahead and write a list of ten things that make me happy.

1. Writing. This is really a no-brainer. I am truly at my happiest when my creative juices are flowing. Sounds messy, I know, and it sometimes is, but it's a happy mess.

2. Playing with the puppies. Have you seen how adorable my babies are when they're romping and frolicking in the snow? Because it's cute.

3. Brownies. Especially double chocolate cake like brownies served with a tall ice cold glass of milk.

4. Chocolate cake. Especially double chocolate cake served with a tall ice cold glass of milk.

5. Bar Harbor. I am so obsessed with this place. Some days, all I can think about is getting there and when I get there, all I can think about is staying there. And when I leave, all I can think about is going back there.

6. A good raucous game of dirty word scrabble with the usual suspects. You know who you are...

7. Movies with Omar. We go see some good movies, we go see some bad movies, but we always manage to have a super fun time. Not to insult the other people with whom I see movies, but there's something special about these outings that always leaves me grinning. Wouldn't be a Trekkie without you, Omar...

8. Drinking with Heather. Choco-mocha-tini? Yes, please!

9. The Red Sox winning, especially when they win the world series, beat the Yankeees, or show Jacoby Ellsbury running, stretching, diving, smiling, breathing...

10. The Patriots winning, especially when they win the superbowl, beat the Colts, or show Wes Welker running, stretching, diving, smiling, breathing (Get Well Soon, Wes.)...


So, that's that. A list of ten things that make me happy. I am not going to officially tag anyone so I think I am going to end this with the following: post ten things that make you happy...or else...Just kidding. Do it because you'll feel better afterward. Happier, even.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment