Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Favorites, Part Two

Here are some more of my favorite holiday shows and songs and whatnot. I didn't want them to be excluded. I'm sure I'll think of more later. Anyway, here's part two of the list:

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street: What could be more fun than songs and muppets and muppets singing songs? In this 1978 classic, Big Bird is worried that Santa won't be able to fit down the chimney. Cookie Monster keeps trying to write a letter to Santa but ends up eating whatever he's doing. Bert and Ernie reenact The Gift of the Magi and Grover and Kermit talk to kids about Santa.




How The Grinch Stole Christmas: The animated version with Boris Karloff's narration. Not the live action version starring Jim Carey.

Charlie Brown Christmas

Trans Siberian Orchestra: Joe loves this band. I am, I guess, more or less indifferent about them, but I love their Christmas music. Check out this video where someone programmed their Christmas lights to the music:



I also found a clip (thanks, youtube!) from the He Man/She Ra Christmas special I talked about in the last entry. Unfortunately, the embedding code was disabled so I can't post the clip here. I can, however, post the link which is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVppuv9Pcqk

It's about a minute and forty seconds long and include the scene I referenced before ("You mean they get in fights?") so check it out if you get the chance because it's classic.

I did find a clip of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye lip syncing to "Sisters" that did have the embedded code available so here's that for your viewing pleasure:

1 comment:

  1. Really good picks. Though I admit I didn't know there was a He-Man She Ra Christmas special. I have a top five favorite moments list for the Grinch. I love that special.

    ReplyDelete