Saturday, December 19, 2009

Exchange Of The Day

I went out to do the last of the holiday shopping this morning and stopped in to pick up Chinese food for Joe and me for lunch. It was a bribe to get him in a good enough mood to do all the wrapping this afternoon. We have a tentative agreement. I do all the shopping, he does all the wrapping. He's much better at it than I am. His wrapping actually makes boxes look like boxes whereas my wrapping makes boxes look...messy. So I ordered him Chinese food.

While they were preparing our order, I went over to Burger King to pick up a cheeseburger for the dogs. They love Burger King cheeseburgers. Big would like it noted that before he had a stupid little sister, he used to get a cheeseburger all to himself but now he has to share his cheeseburger with his stupid little sister. But anyway, the exchange of the day is courtesy of the drive thru lady.

"Welcome to Burger King," she says. "Can I take your order?"

"Yes. I'd like a plain cheeseburger please," I say, resisting the urge to say "I don't know. Can you take my order?"

"Plain?" Drive Thru Lady asks. "Nothing on it?"

"Yes."

"Would you like bacon on it?" she asks.

"No," I say, resisting the urge to add that if I had wanted a bacon cheeseburger, I probably would have asked for a bacon cheeseburger.

"So just a plain cheeseburger?"

"Yes."

"Would you like to add fries or maybe a drink to your order?"

"No thank you," I say.

"How about cookies? Would you like some cookies? Three for a dollar!"

"No thank you," I say. "I'm really all set."

"So just the cheeseburger," she asks.

"Yes," I say. "Please."

"Okay. Your total will be $1.31 at the first window."

"Thank you," I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment