Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Resolution Review

Well, it's that time of year again. We're coming up on the final hour of 2009 and I have really officially run out of time to try and complete these goals. Here's the rundown on how I did this year. The goals themselves are in italics and my analysis will follow.


1. Create a submission packet for Effigy. This includes the dreaded synopsis of which I have only written two paragraphs. But they're really good paragraphs. Once this packet is created, I will start submitting the submission packet to agents and editors who will, I am sure, fight tooth and nail to get me.

Well, this one I did. Query letter, synopsis and all. I don't know that there's much else to say about it than that.

2. Write Second Nature. My fans demand it. All three of them.

Well, all right. I didn't do this one. I started it at least, so that's something, right?

3. Create a Lingo drinking game. I don't know why no one's ever done it before. This is a show that screams drinking game.

I did this one as well. I never actually got around to posting it on my blog though. Probably because my attempts to try out my drinking game led to alcohol poisoning...

4. Make 2009 the last year I work in retail. Thirteen years is quite enough. For anyone. I realize this will mean an end to the workplace blogs, but I'll find something else to write about. It's what I do.

Well, considering I spent the majority of my day today folding 600 pairs of men's jeans, I don't quite think I accomplished this goal.

5. Read more nonfiction. Since I very rarely (shamefully, even) read any now, this goal should certainly be do-able.

This I accomplished. I didn't read a ton of nonfiction, but I definitely read more than I have in years past.

6. Be less sarcastic. Good thing this will be my last year in retail...I think it'll help immensely.

Oh, come on. This one was really more a pipe dream anyway.

So, overall, three out of six isn't too awfully bad. But maybe I can do better next year...I guess we'll find out in starting approximately fifty seven minutes.

Happy New Years, one and all.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your submission and getting that dreaded synopsis completed. I worked retail part time during the summers before my kids were born. I DON'T miss it at all.

    ReplyDelete