Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up: The Halfway Mark and Other Tales

I want to begin this morning with a special message for my asshole neighbors:

Stop letting your damn dogs use my yard as their own personal bathroom. Don't you think I have enough shit of my own to deal with without having to clean up after your dogs too? Seriously, I don't know why you think that's all right. And I know it's your dogs. I do. You're the two houses in the neighborhood with a penchant of letting your dogs outside off leash and unsupervised so they can romp and play and shit anywhere they want. I know that's a good deal for you because then you don't have to clean up after your dog nor do you have to see the disgusting messes they leave on my lawn (and probably others' lawns as well) but it's downright rude and I'm tired of it. I also know it's your dogs because I have two dogs who each go in two spots in my yard. I make sure they only go in two spots in my yard so that I don't have to search high and low for shit. But now I'm having to do just that because of your inconsideration, you big bunch of ass monkeys. So knock it off. If you do not cease and desist this course of action, I will collect your dog's shit and put it in a paper bag and leave it (possibly flaming) on your front door step. Don't you think I won't. And one last thing: Marie, I do not know what you feed your dog but seriously, you should change his diet because that shit is really damn disgusting. Trust me, you're not going to want a flaming bag of that poo on your doorstep even more than you wouldn't want a flaming bag of regular poo on your door step.

End rant.

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was great until a certain questionable call during a certain sporting event that aired last night. Then I started screaming a buttload of obscenities at my television. Joe then told me to settle down so I started screaming a buttload of obscenities at him too. Well, that's not true. He did tell me to settle down but I did not scream obscenities at him. You know, for a change. My words were all reserved for my (still) beloved Patriots.

Here's a special message for Bill Belichick:

WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE?!?!?!?

End rant.

Let's see...what else? Oh yeah, yesterday was officially the Half Way Mark (Yes, I feel it's important enough to warrant capitalization) in my NaNoWriMo project. The target word count was 25,000 words. I started the day at 21 something thousand words. Then I went shopping with Heather for new jeans (had a 30% off coupon for Old Navy...), had Chinese food for lunch and then got caught up on my recorded television (Man, is it just me or is Legend of the Seeker like totally darker and scarier this season?) and THEN got to work. I started around 5pm. I finished at about 2:30 this morning.

But I did it. I hit the 25,000 word mark.

And a funny thing happened on my way to the half way goal. I started to give a damn about the story. I started to give a damn about the characters.

I wasn't really all that into it before. I was viewing this project as a way to keep my mind from obsessing on other things, as a way of challenging myself, but not as a viable project I would do anything with come December 1st.

Now I don't know what will come of it, but I want it to be good. I like my characters, I really like them, and I want them to have a good story. I don't want them to have a shitty experience because I was just trying to reach a word count goal. I'm not really sure what experience that'll be yet but one is definitely coming together. I had a good soundboard session with my brother and sister-in-law this weekend that's going to lead to a scene written later on today where my main character goes to the DMV...so it'll be an action sequence for sure...

But for right now, I am suffering from a massive Pop Tart craving and so I think I'm going to give in and go out and get some. A friend of mine who is also doing the NaNoWriMo project thinks that counting words has taken the place of counting calories. And judging by the amount of candy I ended up eating yesterday, I have to say, I think she's right.

1 comment:

  1. Rant #1 - What a load of ass hattery perpetrated by douche baggy neighbors.

    Rant #2 Not a football fan. No comment

    NaNoWriMo - So cool that it's turning into something you care about. An awesome turn of events!

    ReplyDelete