Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update #2: Two Partially Formed Characters In Search of a Plot

So, today's writing goal is to reach the 5,000 word mark.

I am currently hovering around 4,300 which, all things considered, isn't bad. It's certainly better than I thought I'd be doing.

What a difference a day makes. Today, I am much happier with the project. Still don't know where the story's going to go. Still don't know much about my main characters. Well, my heroine is the tough talking, wildly sarcastic, yet ultimately insecure woman I predicted she would be. She also has roommate and a German Shepherd named Rufus. Thought about giving her a Doberman instead but my German Shepherd loyalty won out in the end. Anyway, She's fired from her job and goes to celebrate/drown her sorrows at a local bar. This is when she meets The Man. They have a long, sarcastic conversation (makes up the bulk of the story so far).

And that's it.

I know nothing about The Man. Don't even really know what he looks like yet but I intend to figure that out this afternoon as I suspect it'll help greatly with my word count.

As would a plot. But baby steps, people, baby steps. The plot will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment