Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Favorite Things

Today's Horoscope:

Our favorite things define us. Reconnect with your essence by making a list of things you love: movies, songs, activities. Not only will you find a renewed sense of self, but you'll remember again why you love who you are.

Sounds like a good idea, so here it goes:

My Top Ten Favorite Movies

1. Serenity (2005, director Joss Whedon)
2. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (2001, director Peter Jackson)
3. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002, director Peter Jackson)
4. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003, director Peter Jackson)
5. Shakespeare in Love (1998, director John Madden)
6. Moulin Rouge! (2001, Baz Luhrmann)
7. The Shawshank Redemption (1994, direction Frank Darabont)
8. Amadeus (1984, director Milos Forman)
9. Dead Poets Society (1989, director Peter Weir)
10. Stranger Than Fiction (2005, director Marc Forester)

My Top Ten Current Favorite Songs

1. Into Dust by Mazzy Star
2. All I want by Ahn Trio
3. Everybody's Gonna Be Happy by The Kinks
4. Anything, really, from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
5. Bodily by Ani DiFranco
6. Anna Begins by the Counting Crows
7. Running Up That Hill by Placebo
8. Sober- Tool
9. Better Man- Pearl Jam
10. Robots by Flight of the Conchords

My Top Ten Favorite Television Shows

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Firefly
3. Angel
4. Gilmore Girls
5. Battlestar Galactica
6. Veronica Mars
7. Robin Hood
8. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
9. The Colbert Report
10. Supernatural

My Top Ten Favorite Authors

1. Ellen Emerson White (The President's Daughter Series)
2. J.K. Rowling (The Harry Potter Series)
3. Robert B. Parker (The Spenser Series)
4. Laurie Halse Anderson (Speak, Wintergirls, Twisted)
5. Philippa Gregory (The Other Boleyn Girl, The Wideacre trilogy)
6. Stephen Lawhead (The Robin Hood series)
7. Bernard Cornwell (The King Arthur trilogy)
8. Sharon Kay Penman (the Justin de Quincy novels)
9. Cynthia Voigt (the Tillerman cycle, the Kingdom cycle)
10. Marion Zimmer Bradley (The Avalon books)

My Favorite Activities

1. Writing. Naturally.
2. Reading
3. Playing with my dogs
4. Hanging with good friends
5. Watching good movies
6. Mocking bad movies
7. Watching good television
8. Mocking bad television
9. Hiking (even if I don't get around to doing it very often)
10. Biking (even if I don't get to do it very often)

So there are a few of my favorite things. Not sure I'm feeling all that reconnected with my essence but I guess it's a start. If my sense of self is renewed, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, what are some of your favorite things? You know, if you feel like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment