Monday, February 9, 2009

Oops...Forgot to Post This Earlier: Television Review (week ending 2/7/09)

Sunday

Superbowl LXIII: Did I get the Roman numerals right? Anyway, I already wrote a blog about the hour and a half of the game I did watch, so I'm just going to refer you to that instead of rewriting everything again.

The Office Post Superbowl Special: The opening sequence made me laugh so hard, I cried. The rest of the episode was less amusing.

Legend of the Seeker: No magical talking sock puppest this week, sadly. This week involved someone killing off members of the resistance. Kahlan and Richard worked together to get to the bottom of the mystery. I had it figured out long before they did. Don't know if that makes me really smart or them just really dumb.

Monday

The Big Bang Theory: Remember, there fifty bucks in Green Lantern's ass. This show really is too damn funny.

How I Met Your Mother: I want Barney to make my video resume too! Neil Patrick Harris, I think, is really hitting it out of the park every damn week. I don't know what this guy has to do to get a frakking Emmy already but let's find out, okay?

House: Oh, hey, look, another Thirteen centric episode. How original.

The Closer: I figured out that the cruise singer was a man long before the cops figured it out. Don't know if that makes me really smart or them just really dumb.

Tuesday

American Idol: Hollywood Week. I hate that the producers never seem to show the singers that I'm actually interested in. For some reason, Bikini Girl made it to the next round.

Scrubs: I do adore this show. It never fails to make me laugh. Loved Ted's reaction upon seeing Kelso back in the Chief's office.

Wednesday

American Idol: Hollywood week continues. It's group night. Some are fantastic, some are...well, really really bad. I can't belive the judges put Tatiana whatsherface through to the next round and booted Rose the Sweet high school kid. I guess being a total psychotic drama queen makes for better television but it seemed very unfair to me. At least Bikini Girl is, at last, on her way home.

Lie To Me: Still don't like Kelli Williams, but I like Tim Roth enough to at least record it for another week.

Thursday

Bones: I really don't know what to make of this episode. It felt rushed and not as interesting as when the Gravedigger first appeared. Wondering how the lawyer woman dragged 190 pounds of unconscious Booth out of his apartment and into a yellow submarine in the first place. And then there was the ghost....but, I guess, overall, it was a good episode. Just different and rushed.

Supernatural: Evil strippers! I think this may have been Joe's favorite episode in a long time. It was great to see Bobby again, loved it when the boys called him to get out of trouble with the (fake) FBI guy, by calling Bobby on his FBI phone. I want to have an FBI phone too! There didn't appear to be a preview for next week, so I thinking we are missing out on a new episode. Odd for February sweeps, but, whatever.

Grey's Anatomy: Derek spent the entire epsiode wondering how to propose to Meredith. Cristina and Owen spent the entire episode acting like they were in a Victorian novel and Izzy spent the entire episode trying to figure out what's wrong with her. So far, all we know is that she's anemic. Mary McDonnell (Pres. Roslin from BSG) was back as Dr. Dixon. I don't particularly like her character. Oh, and at the end, Derek was about to propose but ended up getting a call from Addison. Apparently, this was the start of the crossover event the media's been talking about. I didn't watch the Private Practice half. Life's too short and that show (Private Practice) sucks.

The Office: I don't laugh as hard at this show as I used to. The second season was absolutely brilliant, I thought, but lately it's been more hit or miss. This episode was mostly miss. Creed and his three dollar bill at the end was pretty funny.

30 Rock: Loved Evil Alec Baldwin and guest star Jon Hamm and Matt Lauer's cameo. This was really a very funny episode. Favorite line: "I get to cut the line at Disney World...if I come mid week."

Friday

Monk: I had the twin thing figured out long before Monk. Don't know if that makes me really smart or Monk just really dumb...Hmmm. Anyone else notice a theme this week?

Psych: Well, I had no idea what the frak was going on with this show but it was hysterical at any rate. Shawn and Gus are AWESOME!!!

Battlestar Galactica: WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH THIS EPISODE YET AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, STOP READING THIS NOW......Anyway...Whaaaat? Well, Gaeta had his ass shot because you do not frak with Adama and walk away from it. Zarek also had his ass shot. I was a little sad to see those characters go because they were rather interesting characters, but, again, you do not frak with Adama and walk away from it. Anders got shot in the back of the head, which can't be good, and was last seen bleeding to death in the arms of his estranged wife, Starbuck, while she pleaded with Badger (I know that's not his (Mark Shepperd) character's name on the show but I can only think of him as the character he played on Firefly.) to help her bring Anders to Doc Cottle. Next week, Anders goes on some sort of mindquest that reveals a lot of stuff (about time, considering there's only six episodes left in the series.) and Ellen Tigh makes a return appearance. And I bet she's pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment