So I was tagged on Facebook the other day, something similar to when I was blog tagged last month, only this time you have to write twenty one random things, facts, goals, whatever, about yourself. I don't have to post them here but I'm going to do it anyway. So there. And since I used the seven facts I previously posted for the last game of tag, I am going to add seven new ones here for your reading pleasure.
These rules were passed on to me:Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 21 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 21 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1. I read an average of sixty books a year. I thought that was a decent amount until I read Sarah Randall's random things note on Facebook, which states that she used to read 100 books a year. Now I feel like a slacker.
2. I read Ellen Emerson White's President's Daughter series at least once a year. And laugh at all the same parts every time.
3. Speaking of Ellen Emerson White, I am involved in a multi day multi topic (Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Battlestar Galactica!!) online discussion with her. I think I have now achieved a life goal I didn't know I had.
4. I have stood in both Europe and Asia at the same time. In two different locations.
5. I would like to some day have an Irish Wolfhound named Seamus. Some day would be right now if only I could convince my significant other that having two dogs who outweigh me would be fun.
6. My dogs each have three names. My German Shepherd Dog is officially named Quinlan Sebastian Jack but we mostly call him Big because well, because he's frakking huge. My Malinois is officially named Mischa Mai Cadeau but we mostly call her a frakking spaz because, well, because she's a frakking spaz. But we love her anyway.
7. I am obsessed with the Game Show Network. I wish I could say I was obsessed with something less frivolous (hard to imagine something more frivolous than the GSN...) like C-SPAN but I can't.
8. I really, really want a double bladed battle axe. That is all.
9. I went all the way to the top of Blarney Castle and didn't kiss the Blarney Stone. Heard too many tales about what the locals do to the stone to risk it. I took pictures though.
10. Once, when I was a retail manager and not just a lowly jeans girl, I was told by a customer that I couldn't possibly be a manager because I was a woman. I managed not to kick his teeth in, but just barely. FYI: This customer is NOT the reason why I am now just a lowly jeans girl and not a manager.
11. I still love Chuck E. Cheese's.
12. I can't stand the Fox News Network. I can't even believe I posted a link to their site.
13. I prefer to get my news from The Daily Show. They're equal opportunity mockers.
14. I think Daniel Craig is the best James Bond since Sean Connery. Maybe even better than Sean Connery but it's hard to say because their Bonds are the products of their times (I could explain that more, but that would be a different blog entry all together.). But I have a wicked crush on Daniel Craig so I think that gives him the edge.
15. Some day I hope to bobsled. Not competitively or anything. Just like, once, you know, for fun.
16. I've always wanted to be an international superspy. My idols are Emma Peel, Sydney Bristow and River Tam. It should probably be noted that River technically isn't a international superspy, but as the military made her into some kind of unkillable super soldier, she could be.
17. The best job I ever had was teaching English at an alternative school for at-risk adolescents. I'm glad to have been given the opportunity to know those kids, to teach those kids (even the one who tried to steal my car...), and to work alongside a great group of people.
18. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese.
19. I still can remember the Shel Silverstein poem I had to memorize for school in the second grade. It was the one about the polar bear in the refrigerator.
20. I love British television. Quite a lot, actually.
21. I am in the process of writing my acceptance speech for when I win an Academy Award. Not exactly sure what I'll win one for (I'm hoping for "Best Actress" although I don't act...), but I'll be prepared for when I do.
So those are my twenty one things and the only person I tagged was the one who had tagged me. I'm not tagging any of you reading this right now but if you want to go ahead and write twenty one random things about yourself, then have at it...I'll look forward to reading it.